Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fried Green Tomatoes

So I know this blog is more about juicing but I had to share this recipes I made on the fly for my family tonight. Even my picky husband and one of my daughters enjoyed them.

Ingredients:

  • green tomato 
  • italian bread crumbs
  • cajun shake
  • milk
  • egg
  • vegetable oil
  1. Pour some oil in a pan and turn heat to medium.
  2. Slice your green tomato. I used a mandolin for perfect slices.
  3. Pour your italian bread crumbs in a bowl and seasoning. I added cajun shake to ours.
  4. In another bowl, scramble an egg and add some milk.
  5. Dip tomato in egg wash and then in bread crumbs. 
  6. Add to oil and cook.
For those of you who like exact measurements. Well, that is not my thing. I follow recipes for awhile and then start making it as I want at that particular time. This does mean that my recipes are never exactly the same each time they are made but that bring about the variety of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment