Thursday, January 15, 2015

Crunchy Florida Shrimp Roll

Due to some errands that needed to be run, we planned to go out to dinner as a family. It was decided that we would go to Asian Cafe.


Because I wanted to stay in my points I researched last night what I could eat and stay in my point value for the day. I decided on the Mico Combo which included the Miso Soup, California Roll, Tuna Roll and Yellowtail Roll. All racked up to be a total of 12 points.

What I did not plan on is my family all ordering bento boxes. I am really the only one who likes sushi and so I was really excited about all the sushi I would have for lunch. Unfortunately, I didn't count on my husband and one of my daughters ordering the Crunchy Florida Roll.

At the restaurant I ate about four of their pieces as well as a a bite of bang shrimp and crab salad, which I have learned is Kani Salad with some internet searching. I am all proud of myself thinking I did well and had points to spare.

Then I get home. I begin planning out tomorrows meals. Tomorrow's lunch, yes, left over sushi rolls, especially those darn Crunchy Shrimp Rolls. Holly mollie, a roll is 13 points! 13! That is more than I eat during a normal meal.

So what did I do with this info. Got mad, frustrated and threw in the towel. Yep, ended up eating all the remaining Crunchy Shrimp Rolls. Now isn't that crazy. In my mind I wanted to just get rid of them, in my tummy that is, and not go over my points tomorrow.

Even though I wanted to through in the towel I still logged my points. Yes, my daily points were high but I was still left with many of my extra weekly points.

What did I learn, stop freaking out and just own my actions. All will work out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment