Monday, January 5, 2015

Weight Watchers Journey Begins

As you can tell from my prior post I do not have the best track record. I start, something gets me off track and I find it hard to get back on. Due to this and the school district I work for, I have decided to 
aasdoijoin Weight Watchers. 

I have obviously known of Weight Watchers for a long time, even have followed it on my own as well as using their online program. I never joined in the past due to its cost, time and meeting with strangers. What finally got me to join is, I feel like it is a worthwhile investment (helps we are on Baby Step 3 of our financial journey), I know I have to start taking care of myself so I have to make the time, and I have a group I know I can go to that involves people I know (well didn't know that for sure but was hoping). 

Today was our first unofficial meeting. It was where we all signed up. Personally I am a little sad because I was hoping to get my online code and other material so I could track it. I did get a free candy bar sample and a weekly flyer. The candy bar was okay. The flyer came with some helpful information and a recipe. I look forward to trying the recipe. 


Our leader also brought different Weight Watcher cooking items. I spied a serving spoon set. These things are cool for they also measure. I am highly thinking about this for that is one thing I hate to do, meausre my food. If you have ever used these spoons before please let me know!


Now even though I am joining weight watchers I am not giving up on juicing. In fact, I can't wait to access to my WW online account to build how much a juice is. Today, I tried my new juicing machine. After Christmas I scored a great deal on JC Pennies Cooks Power Pro. This is very similiar to a Nutri Bullet. Check out the price below if I was to buy online today. I go it for only $40. Merry Christmas to me.


It worked like a dream and love it. So easy to use and clean up is a breeze. The only thing that I am dissapointed about is recipes. It only came with two! I was hoping for more but I will turn to the internet and Pinterest for yummy recipes. I did try one of the recipes today and it was delicious! So good, that I made up another one for tomorrow. 

Sweet Apple-Acai Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients:
1 frozen banana, peeled and chunked
1/2 cup acai berry juice
1/2 cup apple juice
1 handful of baby spinach
1 tablespoon agave nectar
Directions:
1. Add all ingredients to the tall tumbler.
2. Add the blending (cross) blade and blend for 15 seconds, remove tumber and shake well. Continue blending until smooth and creamy.

If I remember I will take a picture of its yummy goodness.

I guess, I should own up and state where I am at weight wise. Today I weighed in at 262.6 lbs. I am not surprised but yet I am. I am sadden that my weight is this high. I know it will take a lot of work. My group will be meeting for the next 17 weeks. My goal is to loose 34 lbs. I think this is reasonable at 2lbs per week. 

Even though my group doesn't officially begin until next week, I plan to start making changes. I am starting to get my food in order but the biggest key is to start exercising more. Tonight I will join one of my daughters in playing Just Dance on the Wii. It will be fun and a work out all in one. Love it!








No comments:

Post a Comment