Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Lessons Learned

Last night I started to work on a plan to take my girls out to breakfast. Our school district had a a two hour delay today. This means teachers (me) have to report to school on time and the kids don't. To help kill a little time I take the girls out for breakfast to kill a little time before I officially have to clock in. 

OMG! It was so hard to find anything to eat that was healthy and didn't kill my point values. I have gotten use to my juices and smoothies and even though they are range from 6-11 pts I know they will keep me full until lunch. 

This morning I made the mistake of looking again to see what I could find to eat and ended up wasting time. Also due to thinking I would eat out, I did not make the juice I had planned even though I wanted to. Lesson learned, go ahead and make the juice. Or in my case, thaw the fruit. Last minute I decided I would make my juice. How hard could it be to blend some strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. HARD! They kept freezing into one chunk. I microwaved it three times before I was able to get it all juicing. I know the lime juice and water I added help cause this problem but it was really thick. Next time, defrost the fruit so that it is not one solid chunk when blending. 

I still took my girls out for breakfast. Not as planned though for this morning my car was making a lot of racket. This caused a quick trip to my mother-in-laws to get her car so my husband and I could go to work. Breakfast was provided by McDonalds. I stayed true to my juice but did get a small diet coke. Let me tell you, that was the worst diet coke. I haven't had one in awhile and new it would taste different but this one was horrible. I ended up throwing it out once I finally got to school.

This afternoon my husband was able to get my car checked out. What was the issue? A rock. Yes a rock from a gravel road. When visiting my family in Illinois (rural Illinois) we managed to get a rock up in the tire well that didn't want to leave. Even after getting a full monty car wash it still hung out in there. Yesterday it made its way into an area that started making lots of noise, I mean wake the neighbors noise, every so often. The shop thought my husband was crazy when he told him the noises we heard this morning but sure enough where he told them to look was the rock. Great thing about knowing people and going to small mom and pop locations, they didn't charge us a thing! Hallalejua!

So now, we are home. Kids are working on their homework, hubby is playing with his trains and I await chicken nuggets and fries to get done in the oven. Didn't plan on this meal and worry what the points are going to turn out on. Unfortunately the chili I put in the fridge to defrost is still a frozen brick as of tonight. :( Here is to hoping I stay with in my points value. 

Okay. So 4 chicken nuggets are 4 points. 20 crispers french fries are 6 pts. And it is not fullfilling. I am still hungry. :( Not really wanting veggies or fruit but going to turn to it. Ohh, apples with peanut butter that would be yummy. Then some Just Dance with my girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment