Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ice Walking

It has been since last weekend that I have had an opportunity to go for a walk and really wanted to get one in this morning. I figured that since it stopped raining yesterday morning all would be nice. Nope, I was surprised to find ice on the sidewalks and road. Had to be careful in some places but I still got my walk in.

Of course I had my music with me. I started off the walk right with Nowhere to Run by Martha Reeves and The Vandellas. I love music from this era.

The next few songs I like, bring back good memories or just fun to sing but they didn't get me excited about my walk. That is, until I got to Movin' on Up by M People. I love this song! Always brings back to MTV's The Grind exercise videos with Eric Nies.

I am so tickled, I found my favorite Grind Workout. Brings back memories of college and my first years out on my own. I will have to show this video to my daughters and have them workout with me this week.

Towards the end of my walk What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong came on. This song came on at the right time. I was cresting a hill, sucking in wind and needed to start my cool down towards my house. Calmed me down, such a relaxing song. As I got in my house Macarena by Los Del Rio came on. This will be my next song the next time I go for a walk. It could be interesting as i am sure I will do the Macarena moves. As I think about it, I will also have to introduce this song/video to my daughters. It would be a fun workout.
Time to get serious about my walking! My school district's 2nd annual 5k is coming up in March. My husband and I talked and we plan to sign up our whole family and walk the entire 5k. Our daughters can run if they want but me and my husband are not runners, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment