Sunday, September 14, 2014

Merry Berry Blend Juice

Merry Berry Blend

  • 2 cups of blackberries
  • 1 cup of blueberries
  • 1 cup of raspberries

  1. Juice and enjoy.
                                                                                                                                                                         
Due to a sale on blackberries at one of our local grocery stores, Harris Teeter, I searched to find some blackberry juices. This is the first I made.

I made this juice this morning. I haven't had it yet but can't wait to try it. Why I am already blogging about it is because I decided to try something else. As all juicers know, you are left with remains after juicing vegetables and fruits. The vegetables leave a dry substance behind but fruit is still full of moisture. 

I took the remains of the blueberries, blackberries and raspberries and made a cobbler. No recipe just made it up as I went. Below is what I did and was enjoyed by the family. Ohh, I also included my recipe for whipped topping that I picked up somewhere on the internet. 

Cobbler

  1. Spread blueberries across bottom of baking dish. (I used a small one).
  2. Spread pulp mixture from juicing over the blueberries.
  3. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
  4. Mix up flour, brown sugar, oats and 1/2 of stick of melted butter to make topping. (All Estimated)
  5. Sprinkle topping over blueberries and pulp.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees until topping is crisp. (Didn't pay attention to time but I think it was in there for an hour. I let it sit in the oven until we took it to my brother-in-laws for lunch.)

Whipped Topping

  1. Pour in whipping cream. (I use what I have left over from making homemade ice cream.)
  2. Add a little sugar and vanilla for flavoring. 
  3. Whip until thick and enjoy. (You could use a whisk but your arm will get tired. I like to use a mixer).

No comments:

Post a Comment