Friday, August 22, 2014

Day 12 - Busy!

As of Monday, Aug. 18th I went back to school to set up my room and start getting things ready for my kids. You would think 5 days at school I would have gotten many things done but honestly my to do list has only grown.

Even though I have been busy getting ready for the 2014-2015 school year I have kept on. I have drank juice for breakfast and lunch Monday-Wednesday and ate a meal at night. This week our girls were at the beach with extended family and so that gave us opportunities for some date nights. Out of the three restaurants, one we will never go back, another is a favorite and will be back but the other is the only one that gave us the best experience, Heirloom. Heirloom is a fine dining restaurant in an unexpected place, an old Mayflower Restaurant. They are all about the food and not customers. By this I mean there was very few tables. Inside you are greeted to a rustic chic atmosphere that is calm and relaxing. The waiters are full of knowledge on all their ingredients. Heirloom sources 97% of its food and drinks from North Carolina. All food is what is in season in our area and is why their menu can change weekly. They grow their own herbs in boxes around the outside of the restaurant and bee hives on their roof. They have a tasting menu and my husband humored me as I worked my way through 7 courses. I had know idea that ricotta and beets tasted good together! Or that sunflower sprouts were edible. Great experience, great food, and highly recommend you check it out when ever you are in Charlotte.

If you noticed I didn't say Thursday-Friday. I still juiced in the morning but I had two free lunches. Today's lunch had me full and so I will see how much I really eat for dinner.

I have kept to just drinking no water. Tonight I am finding it difficult for I want a carbonated drink but I am keeping to my water.

Besides me being tired (due to going back to school and change in wake up time) I am feeling good. I have recently noticed that I am no longer sleeping with a nasal strip and my husband says I stopped snoring. Now the nasal strip was never for snoring but how congested I would get during the night. It is amazing how be drinking juice I am feeling better.

I am definitely behind in posting the new juices I have tried and hope to get them posted. Some have not been my favorites but I am find the more I drink juice the more I enjoy them.

No Caffeine: 12 days
Migraine: 0, many signs of migraine setting in but no headache as of yet.
Weight: 255 lbs -1lb

No comments:

Post a Comment