Monday, August 11, 2014

Let the Journey Begin - Day 1

Juicing is not new to me. A few months ago my husband and I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead by Joe Cross.

This documentary blew both my husband and I away on how if we changed how we ate our health could totally change and loose weight. This brought us doing a little research, buying a juicer, and beginning our journey. Unfortunately, my husband was not a fan of many of the juices we tried but I continued. 

Now our plan was to juice breakfast and lunch and then eat a healthy dinner. Even though the juice plans we have seen was to juice all day we did not due to our two daughters. We feel it is important to have a sit down dinner as a family. With this sit down dinner I try to cook healthy meals to keep us on the right track.
Now I am a teacher and when we started I was juicing for breakfast and then eating leftovers for lunch. Once school ended I started juicing breakfast and lunch as much as I could. I was doing really good. I felt great! I had fewer migraines and lot more energy. Then I went on vacation. 

Vacation was my downfall. We went on a tour of the midwest to sightsee and see my family who live mostly in Illinois and Missouri. I did bring the juicer but with only a few days at my parents house it didn't get used but a few times. When we cam back home I had trouble getting back to juicing before I headed out again on a week long conference. This travel got extended for I ended up driving back to the midwest for my Grandfather Price's funeral. When I did get back I had 3 guests in my house who are all about eating out. 

So here we are two weeks till school starts and I have decided enough's enough and time to get back on track. My plan is to start juicing again throughout the day and then eat a healthy meal with my family in the evening. I do plan to eats some nuts (cashews and almonds) during the day to get in protein. I love almonds but cashews will be added for I learned from watching Food Matters that eating two handfuls of cashews a day can help beet depression. Since I suffer from this I am all about seeing if getting in my essential vitamins and minerals could turn my depression and other health issues around. 

My Plan: Drink a glass of juice, then glass of water and then continue this rotation until my family sits down for dinner. To meet this goal I am premixing juices and freezing them for future use. I will take many of these to school with me to drink through out the day. Luckily I have access to a fridge close by. 

Day 1: Well, lets call this a lazy day. I didn't get up until noon. Didn't come downstairs until 1ish. Have drank four glasses of water and 2 servings of french bread. I am now getting ready to make a watermelon smoothie


No comments:

Post a Comment