Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 5 - One Juice Day

You may have seen the recipe I posted of the Celery, Cucumber and Pear Green Juice earlier today. Those who read that post knows that I didn't like it but would push on and drink it. It was 2+ glasses and slow going.

Due to a last lunch with my husband down by his work with our girls before going back to school I ended up eating lunch at a chinese buffet. This is the first time I broke my lunch juice since starting this week. One reason I broke was I had not had chinese in a long time and my husband had told me the buffet place we went to had a wide variety. Sure enough they did. They had two dishes with baby octopuses. I must admit I almost tried it but I didn't want to push myself on that one. I did eat though calamari, crab and veggies. I even got some fruit. Not bad meal I think. However, the main reason for not drinking juice was I didn't know how well it would go over with me and my cup of juice not eat anything their at the restaurant. A sit down restaurant (one with a waitress) is a lot different than drinking in a fast food joint (aka McDonald's).

I did think hey I just won't eat dinner due to eating lunch. Yeah that didn't happen. Wasn't that I was starving for I wasn't but I made bbq chicken (a favorite of mine) and this corn salad (I had never made). I did good and only ate one chicken thigh (what the recipe called for) and the corn salad (no idea on its serving). Yummy and satisfying.

I am happy to report that I am still going strong on no caffeine. Yeah me!

Tomorrow we leave for an overnight trip up in Western North Carolina and this will be a defining moment for me. First I am known to drink more soda on a trip than anywhere. Also, what to do about meals and juicing. Even my husband asked me what I was going to do and have come up with a plan. I made up two juices this evening for tomorrow (one is my husband's favorite and may loose it to him, not a bad problem if it gets him drinking again). I also have 4 to 5 frozen juices in my freezer that I plan to put in a cooler. I am planning on the hotel having a fridge in our room but if not will cover them up in ice when we get there.  I am also bringing cashews and almonds along in case I get snacky (another issue with road trips). Tune back in on Monday to see how I faired on my first mini road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment