Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 8 - I Survived the Weekend

This weekend my family took an overnight trip up to Western North Carolina. I love seeing new things and we did a lot. The Dragon's Tail; Little River Railroad and Lumber Company Museum in Townsend, Tn; Diner in Gatlinburg, Tn; Scenic Hyw 441 where we saw elk; and the icing on the cake a train ride to the Natahala Gorge on the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad.

One of the biggest issues with traveling was juicing. I juiced Saturday by preparing two juices the night before to drink. Kale and Orange Juice and Banana and Orange Juice. I brought two frozen juices but did not end up drinking them. One's container broke either in transit or from being in the freezer and so it was a goner. Even with drinking less juice this weekend I found that my appetite was smaller. I split a bbq sandwhich with my husband for lunch and he ate the sides that came with my shrimp tacos (ended up not eating the tortilla's either). By the way, a must in Asheville, Nc is the The Catina. Such great food and is a must stop when we are in the area for lunch or dinner.

Now for the best part, I did not drink any caffeine. It was so hard. Every meal someone got a sweet tea or a soda. At one point I was holding two sodas as my husband and daughter took photos. It was such a temptation to drink especially when I was overheated and wanted something cold with flavor but I stuck to it and now 8 days without caffeine.

Stats:
No Caffeine: 8 days
No Migraines: 3 days (at least for I just thought to start counting this one)
Current Weight: 256 - no change but I feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment