Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 2 - Tired and Headache

If you have done any research on juicing you will learn that within the first few days of juicing you may feel like crap. That is me today.

Now there are many different reasons for this.

  1. Caffeine Withdrawal: Headaches! I hate headaches and unfortunately suffer from migraines. Detoxing from the caffeine will not be fun but I know that it will be best for me. I have now gone one day with out soda or tea. Let the countdown begin.
  2. Weather: Our area has had a cold front that has brought in gray skies and off an on showers. I have learned with my migraines that when the barometric pressure starts dropping my head starts hurting. 
  3. Massage: I love massages but since I store my stress in my neck and shoulders plus numerous injuries over the years I am extremely tight. I tried to go as often as I can to get a massage from a friend of mine. This woman is awesome! Without me saying anything she can find all my sore spots. Lately she has been working on my right shoulder which she was able to release. Unfortunately I have felt it tightening back up which I believe is also bringing about this headache (since it is all on the right side). I know what to do and that is do some yoga, hot bath with epsom salt and a massage from my children. 
  4. And finally, the dreaded period. I hate my monthly period but it is the life of us women. I due get tired, sometime PMS, and headaches before and during my period. 
Because I feel the way I due today. I do plan to take it easy. I have already iced my head. Took a nap (all before 9am). Anything I do today will be where I do not have to really think. This means no school work, with only a few weeks till school starts is not something I really need to do but in the name of my head and body is wise. 

Stats:
Weight: 256.6
Days without caffeine: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment