Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 16 - First Day of School

Today begin the first day back to school with students. If I have not mention before, I teach 8th grade science to about 100 students. The first day back to school, well first week of school, is rough for teachers. Back to the early schedule (I get up at 5:30am), routine of school, standing on your feet all day, short lunch time, etc.

I have to say I did really well. I didn't feel the fatigue until my last class. Came home and cooked supper instead of passing out on the couch (may have happened if I had gotten home earlier). And caught up on my blogs.

Now, I will admit my feet hurt, my legs are achy and I feel my body crashing. My husband likes to joke every year I pass out early and well, I see me going to be soon which is an hour and a half before I usually go to bed. But, when your sleepy your sleepy and you should just go to bed.

Today is my second day being back on two juices a day. Through out the day I am doing very good but I am finding when I get home to be hungry and eating more than I should. This I need to work on. Today I also had a banana in the morning but I need some kind of snack. I had planned to eat nuts (cashews and almonds) but there are two students on my hall who have a severe nut allergy and so I can't keep any at school right now. I am sadden by this but due to my students health I will keep them away.

I am happy to report that I am 16 days strong without caffeine. I am finding things to drink besides water as a treat, for example Sprite and Sierra Mist. These are not things I want to drink all the time but when have a craving can do so. I also had a Caffeine Free Diet Coke but I try to avoid diet due to the aspartame. It is linked to causing migraines which I try to avoid. Speaking of, I am 2 days free of migraines.

Off to bed for me and hope to report back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment